Home Top Ad

On 2/19/19, I filed $250M defamation lawsuit against Washington Post. Today, I turned 18 & WaPo settled my lawsuit.” Nick Sandmann s...

Nicholas Sandmann Settles $250 Million Lawsuit With Washington Post


On 2/19/19, I filed $250M defamation lawsuit against Washington Post. Today, I turned 18 & WaPo settled my lawsuit.” Nick Sandmann said on twitter taking a well-deserved victory lap.
“Thanks to @ToddMcMurtry & @LLinWood for their advocacy.”
“Thanks to my family & millions of you who have stood your ground by supporting me. I still have more to do. We have settled with WAPO and CNN. The fight isn’t over. 2 down. 6 to go,” he warned the others.

The Washington Post settled a defamation lawsuit with a Covington Catholic High School student who was the subject of controversial media coverage in 2019 because of a misleading video clip.


Nicholas Sandmann, 18, who was the subject of a viral altercation between his classmates and a Native American man, announced the resolution to his lawsuit against the news outlet on Friday. Sandmann’s family sought at least $250 million in damages for the paper’s reporting that portrayed the MAGA hat-wearing teenager as a racist for smiling in the face of Native American activist Nathan Phillips.
“On 2/19/19, I filed $250M defamation lawsuit against Washington Post. Today, I turned 18 & WaPo settled my lawsuit. Thanks to [Todd McMurtry] & [Lin Wood] for their advocacy. Thanks to my family & millions of you who have stood your ground by supporting me. I still have more to do,” he shared on Twitter. “We have settled with WAPO and CNN. The fight isn’t over. 2 down. 6 to go. Don’t hold your breath [Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey].”
“We are pleased that we have been able to reach a mutually agreeable resolution of the remaining claims in this lawsuit,” Kris Coratti, a spokeswoman for the Washington Post, told the Washington Examiner.

Popular Posts